What are we looking for?
- The responsibilities are challenging and multidisciplinary. You will participate in engineering research projects on natural ventilation, safety, thermal insulation, strength, energy performance of buildings and acoustics. You are closely involved in ongoing projects and you realise a number of key projects yourself.
- Around the same topics, you also carry out engineering support for the various technical departments within R&D (e.g. development) and for the foreign branches.
- You perform (thermal) simulation on a daily basis, making use of multiple digital simulation tools.
- Is a test needed? Then you organise it. Or even more interesting: you carry out the test yourself (e.g. tensile testing bench) in our Technology Centre.
- During the development phase, you support the colleagues in the Development team by creatively thinking along with them with advice and solutions.
- You follow market trends (passive construction, low energy construction, ventilation,...) and make proposals for research projects.
- You set up new (digital) tools and maintain existing ones. Thanks to these tools, colleagues can carry out first-line calculations independently. You help to monitor the evolution of simulation tools and methods.
- You regularly follow training courses, both internally and externally, so that you are always up to date with new developments and technologies.
- You have a master degree in engineering.
- You have a strong interest in everything that has to do with simulations, strength learning and thermal insulation.
- Knowledge of digital simulation tools, energy performance of buildings or the construction sector is a plus.
- You attach great importance to both theoretical calculations and practice.
- You are a fluent communicator and know how to communicate your ideas enthusiastically, both in Dutch and English.
- You look forward to an international working environment.
What do we offer you?
You will end up with the specialist in sustainable architectural solutions.
- A pleasant and dynamic working atmosphere with a new challenge every day.
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, with a socially responsible and sustainable company that draws the map of innovation and digital technology.
- The opportunity to develop yourself and follow professional training courses.
- A competitive salary and numerous extra-legal benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.
- A mobility plan that allows you to move easily, healthily and green to work.
Who are we?
Together for Better is the corporate motto of Reynaers and reflects the identity of this Belgian family company. Driven by innovation and entrepreneurship, the international company Reynaers is always focusing on its partners to realize sustainable growth together.
Reynaers, active in more than 70 countries worldwide, is a leading specialist in the development, distribution and commercialization of innovative and sustainable architectural applications in aluminium and steel. The most known brands of the international group are Reynaers Aluminium and Forster Steel Systems.
Founded in 1965, Reynaers has achieved an impressive growth, both in international presence as in turnover. Reynaers is looking forward with confidence and realized a turnover of € 580 million in 2019. Currently Reynaers employs 2200 people worldwide.