The Reynaers Institute accommodates one of the most advanced and efficient testing centres for windows, doors and facades. The testing centre guarantees the high quality, durability and reliability of Reynaers products.
All Reynaers systems are carefully tested allowing them to comply with the various international standards and resulting in a 10-year system warranty.
Our systems (standard products, project solutions and constructions) are tested in the following areas:
- Air, wind & water tests:
Windows, doors and curtain walls are tested to the relevant standards for thermal
performance and security, as well as air permeability, wind resistance and water tightness
- Thermal insulation tests
- Mechanical and cyclic tests (lifespan tests):
- Repeated opening and closing
- Mechanical tests of windows and doors
- Impact tests:
- Impact test with sandbag/impactor (double wheel)
- Acoustic insulation:
- Measurement of acoustic insulation in buildings and building elements
- Rating of acoustic insulation in buildings and of building elements
- Ageing tests – environmental infuences:
- QUV test: does paint discolour due to sunlight?
- Thermal cycle (-10° à +70°) and mechanical load are simulated in a climate chamber at the same time (= 1.000.000 cycles = 42 days)
- Security (fire-, smoke-, burglar-, explosion- and earthquake-resistance)
In 2011 Reynaers performed more than 150 tests at the Reynaers Institute.